Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The 17hr Layover - Atlanta Edition

This past weekend my life felt like an episode of Anthony Bourdain's Layover series but instead of a 24 hours. I only had a 17 hour grace period to do what I needed to and eat what was necessary to keep my stomach filled.  After arriving in beautiful Atlanta at 2pm, the homie DJ Alphatrion scooped me up before our gig at Deuces Wild and we headed over to D' Cuban to try one of their delicious Cuban sandwiches.


From there we headed over to our afternoon / evening gig which finished up around midnight and during that time everyone seemed to head out to the after party at I Love Pho.  No, that's not the name of a club, it's a Pho restaurant which we sat at until around 3am.  After a trip to Alpha's home to discuss his filmmaking skills, movie collection and his movie poster collection I took a quick nap on the couch and back to the airport at 5am for my 7am flight back to the 215.  Quick trips without luggage and only records in hand don't happen often, but I guess it all comes with the job.






No comments: