Friday, July 11, 2008

Whats worth standing in line for?




With all the hype surrounding the new Iphone 3g and seeing all those people standing in line overnight it made me think to myself, what would be worth standing in line for? I've never really stood in line for anything, besides a few things like a pre-screening of a movie. ie: Spiderman 1 or Star Wars, something that is "Limited Edition" like a pair of kicks (but I usually get the hook up) that I know once its gone its gone. I've actually had product mailed to me ahead of the release date because I looked out for someone in the past (which is why you stay on good terms with people!) I remember back when the Sega Dreamcast was first released I paid for it ahead of time just to have it on the release date. But never for something like a phone, especially if I already have one. If its a videogame that I have to have then I'll pre-order it and pick it up, but not stand in line for hours. Some people say its just the thrill of being with people who are interested in the same thing as you, which I understand 100%. Some say you have to experience it at least once in your life. So I ask the question, what product would make you stand in line for hours just so you can have it? Before answering that question, would you also do it in the winter or rainy seasons?

1 comment:

Tha S Ence said...

i feel you on this definitly. Kicks, and some otha shit i can't get until it hits ebay at the ridiculous price, is what ill wait for. but not a overnight joint. thats a little too crazy for me

some cats are still tryin to have the illest newest gear on the block, but we all know thats an expensive habit!